Yreka’s Quality of Life Measure for the November Ballot
This November, voters in Yreka will have the opportunity to vote for the Quality of Life Local Stimulus Initiative (Measure i) which would allocate 0.25% of local sales tax to a fund dedicated to the development of the Yreka Community. Quality of Life funds would be allocated to projects, events and promotion that would generate vitality in Yreka.
Tuesday, October 7th | Measure i Forum : Sponsored by the Yreka Chamber of Commerce
The Chamber of Commerce will host an educational evening on Tuesday October 7th, 2014 from 5:30-8pm at the Best Western Miner’s Inn featuring facts, information, presentations and testimonials regarding Measure i. During the evening, local nonprofit organizations are invited to present project ideas along the theme of “Share the Dream” to demonstrate possible uses for Measure i funds.
QUICK FACTS AND INFORMATION ABOUT MEASURE i
- Measure i would be in place for six years, generating approximately $400,000 per year for the Yreka community.
- Visitors who make purchases in Yreka would daily be contributing to our Quality of Life.
- The estimated impact on Yreka citizens will be $17.86 in increased sales tax per year, per household.
- While the state collects the tax and distributes the allocation to the city, the fund is managed by an independent citizens oversight board.
- Non-profits would be eligible to request Quality of Life funds for projects and events that would generate tourism, events and promotion for Yreka.
- Visit www.facbook.com/vote4yreka for more info.
“This initiative can bring outside money and keep it here in Yreka. ” – Yreka Chamber of Commerce Meeting 9/11
“Yreka is changing for the better which is great, but we still need strong action to bring visitors, tourists and new residents here.” – Yreka Chamber of Commerce Meeting 9/11
“Successful communities have this.” – Yreka Chamber of Commerce Meeting 9/11
“Investment in our community is a really strong investment.” – Yreka Chamber of Commerce Meeting 9/11
“We can change Yreka with these funds.” – Yreka Chamber of Commerce Meeting 9/11
Submit community quotes, to be posted here, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Measure i Links
Yreka City Attorney’s Impartial Analysis of the Quality of Life Measure